First Regional Library provides a welcoming environment to the public. The public library is to be used for library purposes. Certain behaviors decrease the ability of the library staff to furnish services to the community and interfere with other library users. Behavior that prevents others from using the library as defined in First Regional Library’s “Statement on the Use of the Public Library” will be addressed to stop the behavior or remove the patron from the library. Repeated and/ or serious instances of disruptive behavior can result in a patron being banned from the library for a period of time.
The following behaviors are not allowed in the library:
- Eating and drinking, except in designated areas
- Misuse of Library property
- Making loud noises
- Vulgar language
- Theft or vandalism
- Soliciting funds
- Smoking or other use of tobacco products or electronic cigarettes
- Any disruptive behavior
- Sexual misconduct
- Improper internet use (See FRL’s internet safety policy)
- Bring animals, insects, or other living organisms into the library (Trained service animals and FRL approved animals used in library sponsored programs are exceptions.)
- Illegal activities
- Unauthorized entry into restricted areas
- Harassment of staff or patrons
Other behaviors may be deemed unacceptable by the librarian if in the librarian’s opinion the behavior interferes with other library users.
Anyone not abiding by these guidelines will be warned before other action is taken if the infraction is minor. Any patron can be asked to leave immediately without advance warning for any reason at any time if in the sole discretion of FRL staff the infraction is deemed to be serious. If any patron does not leave when asked to do so, he/ she will be deemed to be trespassing and the police will be called to remove the patron.